With this part-time course you will acquire all the essential skills in fashion design. You will be able to draw models and render outfits with all the different fabrics and materials, carry out a research following a fashion trend and develop a well co-ordinated collection.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
Whether you are a professional looking to refine your skills or you just have a passion for fashion with the dream of creating a collection. You will acquire all the essential skills to build and present a fashion collection and develop your own style to illustrate your creations.
WHAT EXPERIENCE WILL I GET?
By choosing to study the Essential Fashion Design part-time course at LCCA you will:
- Be introduced to drawing fashion figures for a collection with the appropriate proportions and look
- Be introduced to drawing fashion illustrations using a creative and unique approach.
- Undertake a fashion research, select and manipulate fabrics, colours and textures
- Develop and create your own fashion collection supported by charts and mood boards
- Benefit from being taught by friendly and approachable staff who are practicing professionals with extensive expertise in Higher Education
HOW IS THE COURSE TAUGHT?
Project work is supported by group workshops where you learn by following the tutor while practicing. And also by 1 to 1 tutorials where together with the tutor you will make adjustments and take your development in the right direction. You’ll also be asked to develop peer and self-evaluation skills, which will be used in critical and professional capacities.
- Continuous assessment
- Portfolio of development
- Large professional-standard studios
- iMac computers
- Scanners and printers
- Career as a fashion designer
- Work in creative art fields
- Career in fashion studios
- Work across a range of disciplines in fashion