Our degree in Professional Policing will provide you with a professional knowledge of the ethics, skills and attitudes that are critical to twenty-first century policing. The course has been designed to meet the requirements of the College of Policing National Curriculum for the role of a Police Constable under the National Policing Education Qualifications Framework.
Subject to validation, we will be offering the Pre-join Degree in Professional Policing – a qualification recognised by police services that is achieved prior to recruitment. You will study a range of key topics in the area of crime, criminology, law, terrorism, associated psychology, sociology and criminal investigation. You will also learn through realistic scenarios and the use of a crime suite. Optional modules will provide an opportunity to look deeper into issues such as Forensic and Criminal Psychology, Zemiology (the study of social harms), Cybercrime and Youth & Crime. The degree will provide you with all of the knowledge required prior to joining the police force and will also be of interest if you are looking to study at Masters level or work in the wider security and criminal justice sector. Please note the degree has a currency of 5 years following graduation for recruitment into policing and you must still apply to the police force and satisfy their eligibility criteria. Please contact the Police Service for more information.
|September 2019||London Bloomsbury||01/10/2019||2 Days per week||Monday 9:30-15:30
|September 2019||Birmingham||01/10/2019||2 Days per week||Monday 9:30-15:30
|September 2019||Leeds||01/10/2019||2 Days per week||Monday 9:30-15:30
Entry Required DocumentsBaccalaureate Diploma for EU students and English Certificate with minimal B2 or IELTS 5.5
This document it is an essay and must include the name of the university, the name of the course. You can follow the guide, answering at some questions but don’t mention the questions. This must be more than 250 words.
Copy of English Certificates as: IELTS (minimal 5.5) or Linguistic Certificate (minimal B2, even it is done back in your country) or other equivalent
Transcript of results
We need to know the grades from the high school
For the students who want to apply for Foundation Year, they can apply with 12 Classes Certificate.
Identification document can be National ID or Passport. The married candidates must holt a marriage certificate
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 20 Sep 2019
- ModulesAcademic Interview
- Core Principles of Evidence Based Policing, Information & Intelligence
- Foundation for Operational Policing Skills: Decision Making, Discretion & Problem Solving
- Introduction to Criminology, Crime Prevention & Key Psychological Concepts
- Introduction to Vulnerability & Risk
- The Criminal Justice System, Key legislation, Offences & Civil Matters
- Understanding the Police Constable Role and Professional Standards
- Community Policing, Antisocial Behaviour & Introduction to Road Policing
- Custody, Interview & Criminal Justice
- Information, Intelligence & Digital Policing
- Public Protection: Understanding Abuse & Impact
- Response Policing & Police Investigations
- Counter Terrorism & Advanced Road Policing
- Investigating Serious Crime, Understanding Terrorism and Transnational Organised Crime
- Research Methods/Dissertation (double module)
- Responding to Major & Critical Incidents
- Understanding Offending Aetiology & Supporting those at Risk of Harm
- Forensic & Criminal Psychology
- In addition to your option you also have the opportunity to attend our International Leadership Summer School, Berlin (5 days
- Youth & Crime
- Zemiology (the study of social harms)
The degree will provide you with all of the knowledge required prior to joining the police force and will also be of interest if you are looking to study at Masters level or work in the wider security and criminal justice sector.
Law, Criminology, Policing, Investigations